Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Monday, May 03, 2010

Sarah Bell Ham and Amy G. Dala

Sometimes life just gets all up in yo grill.
It's been happening without my permission for a while now.

NEVER think that things can't get worse because, HEEELLOOOO.
But sometimes there is a more gooder side of worsified. (The grammar police just crapped their pants.  I LOVE starting sentences with "AND".  And often, BUT or SO.)

Miki totaled the van.  With Kaiya and two friends in it.  In Pasco. 
The van is just a piece of metal.
My children are OK.
The hours getting to them, and knowing they were safe, seeing their breathing faces, was a large space of brain time.
Saline Leakage.

Wendy was filleted open.  Went into the OR at 8:30 am and out at 1:30 pm.  For a two hour surgery.
She had parts of her colon re-sectioned, she has a huge incision, with a daunting recovery ahead.
But she's OK.  It should have been so much worse.  Worse was expected.
The hours in the waiting room, the much longer surgery time, was a large space of brain time.
Saline Leakage.

But these are problems I can fix and solve.
They are tangible.
These problems have a map and a solution.
I'm SO good at solving other problems.

SO, AND, BUT...I've decided to continue. 
I owe it to the awesome people in my life to be better.
I ? owe it to myself?  Whatever.  EVERYTHING IS FINE.
It's not like I'm not going to be able to magically transform into Chatty Kathy at RCD's office.
But I will go. Oh Gawd, ~sigh~
But, I will do the best that I can.
And talk about baseball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home