Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Mind the Gap

"It's not denial.  I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."  ~Calvin~




A couple weeks ago Dave and I were napping.  Some little noise or something brought me to that place where you aren't quite awake but not fully asleep.  And there was a hairy masculine arm draped across me.  In less than a few seconds I was in a white frozen terror place and then dry heaving in the bathroom...cold sweaty and horrified*. 


*Remind my brain to send my heart a sympathy card for all of the panic attacks.


Due to Industrial Strength Stubborn, I WILL NOT feel that way about my husband.  The dude who (shouldn't?) loves me, and has put up with SO much.  He's paid too much already.  Plus, I really dig him. 


So I forced myself to go back into the bedroom.  Forced myself to sit on the bed...and made myself stare at his hairy masculine hands and arms.  And traced his hands and arms to his face over and over and over again and over and over and over again.  Looking and saying this is Dave.  Dave.  Dave.  Dave.  Until it was less.
Until it was OKish again.
Thankfully he snored and drooled through the whole thing.
Gawd I love that dude.
When we're both old little pencils, with no eraser left, dulled all the way to the silver, I'll love his stump.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home