Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fuck you for a change.

I have, most often, succeeded in not being bitter.
Other times not so much.
I'm going to go ahead and give myself permission to be fucking pissed off.
Starting right now.
Retroactive 34 years.
I'm so weary of playing nice.
Especially since the courtesy is never returned.


If someone tried to control you and tell you:
Who to like, who not to like
How to spend your free time
Who to vote for/against
What clothes to wear, what clothes not to wear
Which buildings were acceptable to enter on specific days of the week
What type of peoples you were to associate with
To accept some family and condemn and reject others
What food and drink you were to consume

How long would you put up with their BULL SHIT?

Seriously ask yourself. How long?

I'll wait.

...

...

...



You wouldn't do it would you?



Or maybe you would?

So:

Would you do it if they carried around a really old book?
Would you do it if they then asked you to kill your own son to prove how much you believed?
Or how about kill you if you didn't circumcise your sons?
Or if your child hits or curses at you, you must kill them?
Or at least wring off the heads of pigeons?
Of course you should punish your children for the failings of their great-great grandfathers.

And definitely murder anyone who doesn't believe what this person tells you to believe.
Etc...

Come on now. That sounds totally reasonable. No?

Imagine if today, your teenage daughter came to you and told you that she was pregnant. But GOD impregnated her, because OF COURSE she was a virgin.

Today I'd be getting her some prenatal vitamins, a serious talk about truth, honesty and consequences of actions and then some serious counseling.

3000 years ago, I'd be all "SPOT ON!" for making up that story and not getting stoned to death! and churn the fucking butter already because you're going to need it.

What would you do?

Imagine if your fourteen year old boy went out for a hike and came back and told you that GOD gave him a vision to start a cult.

Today I'd be asking what toads he licked in the forest, checking into rehab pricings and serious anti-psychotic meds.

About 200 years ago, I'd.....make him SHOW me the gold and cash that shit in already, and not letting him near any younger female children, especially in groups.

What would you do?

I truly *think* <---key word, that if anyone examined their "religion" with a true critical mind, not fear, or an emotional reaction, or aged cultural norms, or a desire to control their existence or others...this fucked up world would be...less fucked up.

This entire post was prompted by how much religion has FUCKED with me and my family.

And society in general.

And I'm sick and DONE with it.

I've lost my parents and others to religion.

If it was cancer, it would at least have some hope of cure.

It's increasingly difficult for me to be an Atheist without the Angry part.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At Friday, April 17, 2009 9:00:00 AM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    Agreement here. I think religeon has caused more pain, suffering and deaths in this world than anything else. But because you are questioning someone's "beliefs" you are not allowed to condemn them for their idiocy.

    Sorry about whatever lit this one off now.

     
  • At Sunday, April 26, 2009 11:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hear ya. I loves me some atheists, especially lovely ones like you.

    <3

    - wry

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home