Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Tom's meme

I don't usually do the meme thing, but the questions/answers on this one sparked.
I also don't do the tag thing, but if you spark too, then whatever you do when you feel like doing it.


1. Would you do meth if it was legalized?
No, it's taken far too long for me to accept this reality. I have enough addictions and like my teeth.
2. Abortion: for or against?
Personally not for me, after facing my own issues and a looming appointment as a teen Mother. BUT, no one except the owner of the uterus should make this decision. This is a personal choice, not a government or religious regulation.
3
. Would our country fall with a woman president?
What a pathetic patriarchal flaw. I don't care what body parts you have, or how much pigment your skin has, if your qualified, not corrupt (as much, because PLEASE anyone in this age, in this country) and I share your ideals, you get my vote.
4. Do you believe in the death penalty?
No. I don't think that killing a man because he killed a man is just. It's too easy. I'd rather pay for them to live out their lives in the general population and suffer for their crimes, like the rest of us.
5. Do you wish marijuana would be legalized already?
Absolutely. I've watched too many people wither away from cancer.
6. Do you believe in God?
No. I don't believe in the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny or Santa either, but respect the needs of others to do so.
7. Do you think same-sex marriage should be legalized?
Absolutely. When you separate church and state like it is SUPPOSED to be, there isn't any other argument.
8. Do you think it’s wrong that so many Hispanics are moving to the USA?
No. Most of our ancestors moved here for a better life. If they are already here, they should be given the opportunity to be legalized, contribute to the tax burden and held to the same standards. If your illegal, play the game or get out.
9. A 12 year old girl has a baby… should she keep it?
I wish there was more education and prevention...but it's her choice and I hope she has a good support system regardless.
10. The alcohol age be lowered to 18?
This is a tough issue in this country. You are old enough to vote and die for your country, but not old enough to have a beer. If you change the age to 18 there will be a few tough years, but ultimately, you remove the novelty or taboo effect and allow ADULTS to be responsible for their own decisions. Just like the rest of the world.
11. Should the war in Iraq be called off?
Sticky. Should it have been started? There are other abusive dictators/genocides that the US ignored, but then, they didn't have oil. Now that we've already inserted ourselves, and already sincerely fucked things up, we owe a little bit to the Iraqi people and need to at least clean up our mess.
12. Assisted suicide is illegal… do you agree?
Slippery slope. In Washington where this bill was just passed. A guarded yes, but having worked in a long term care facility for eight years, I've seen animals die with more dignity....BUT...do you want the government and/or insurance companies involved in this decision? And if they insurance companies will pay for the assisted suicide pill, they should HAVE to pay for any other (even experimental) life furthering options.
13. Do you believe in spanking your children?
No. Spanking is not discipline. It's abuse.
14. Would you burn an American flag for a million dollars?
My Psyche 201 teacher left me with a great impression. When the boat is sinking and you have to choose what to save....
15. A mother is declared innocent after murdering her 5 children in a temporary insanity case… what do you think?
I think if a mother is sick enough to have killed her children, I'm comfortable with paying for her permanent commitment.
16. It’s between you and a person who is being kept alive by life support machines… one has to die? Who?
If the boat is sinking, my children's mother comes first. The first time I took a CPR class, I felt overwhelmed with the responsibility. My instructor put it into perspective: They are already gone, you do what you can. The rest you have no control over. Take care of yourself, or you can't take care of others.
17. Are you afraid others will judge you from reading some of your answers?
I've always been blatantly honest on this blog. This is why it's called it "Brain Barf". If you don't like my answers your just one click away.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home