Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Life is like a box of chocolates...

Unless you are allergic, or have diabetes, or...
  • I've had guests for six straight weekends. I've enjoyed every one, but am now considering bulldozing my guest house...again.
  • One bright side of OCD is that my house is spotless. You could lick the baseboards behind my refrigerator and get minty fresh breath.
  • Oh, and I bought new furniture, and am now stressing about it, because that's how us OCD'ers roll.
  • House guests combined with my OCD is expensive.
  • Help me teenage Jeebus if I ever have an expensive house guest who has OCD. :o)
  • One dark side of OCD is that I ended up in the ER last night wheezing and barely able to breath. Even after I stole a few puffs from my asthmatics daughter rescue inhaler. Maybe too much bleach and unrealistic expectations? Dr. Dude freaked when he heard my chest, freaked more when he learned that I haven't been to a doc (other than a booby squishing Mamo) in almost a decade. Umm, Oops.
  • I'm sick.
  • I'm crazy worried that I worked too long into it, and may have gotten one of my old farts sick.
  • I don't like Prednisone, Albuterol, Pulmicort or Z-pacs.
  • Husband isn't laid off yet. http://www.manufacturing.net/News-Genie-Industries-Cuts-375-Jobs.aspx <--That article doesn't count the huge amount of temporary employees they let go, so the 18% is misleading. Sure 18% sounds small, unless you're one of them. It doesn't tell you about our neighbor, one of us that got transferred to Moses Lake (sage brush land) from Redmond (Evergreen wonderland) like we were, a few years ago...and how after he's worked for this company for 22 years, and had to have back surgery, got laid off, with a pathetic severance package. Or if you take the lousy severance package, you might not be able to collect unemployment. The crazy day to day hammer hanging over your head stress has turned him into a zombie, and me...well I have very clean base boards and newly painted walls.
  • At least WaMu gave their employees some time. They have until the end of December. We are day to day. Which means my husband can't carpool like he usually does. Which means we're funding Exon Mobiles record profits.
  • This sort of stress keeps the focus on, "what is wrong with them" instead of "what is wrong with us".
  • I think we have health insurance until the end of the month. I think it covers chest X-rays.
  • Teenage driving daughter has gotten into a wreck (not her fault, someone pulled out of a parking space into her) and been pulled over for suspected DUI (actually texting while driving) both in less that a week.
  • Her phone will be shut off if she ever pulls that shit again.
  • For the first time ever, stress has actually reduced the size of my Pangaea ass.
  • Did I mention that one of my visitors (last weekend) was my "mother"? And no one died (yet)?
  • I got my envelope in the mail and I voted for Obama, with a very cynical slant. My husband, ever the optimist, voted for Nader. Yes...no, we don't talk about it anymore. Keeping the peace....at least in our 2500 sq-ft (minus guest house ARGRHHH!).
  • &^%$#@)*&!#$% and (*&^%@#$^%&*(

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home