Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Merely a Flesh Wound

All of these bullets have enough behind them to be a full + post, but I have just enough energy to shoot you tonight:

  • The best about talking to my "mother" after years of silence, is how happy it makes my daughters. There aren't any rose colored glasses here. After only a few conversational months, my "mother" has already abused this new ground and may have caused irreparable damage to an already thready relationship with my father, for her personal ex-husband/check list/gains.
  • I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I do know that I don't want to be a nurse any more. After almost seven years in this field, I've finally experienced ALL of the reasons there is a nursing shortage.
  • WIG's. In my family these are called, "Wildy Improbable Goals". One sibling and one brother in law have already fulfilled theirs (replaced with new ones). I have one, but it takes a Masters degree...and I's just been wunderin' if I is reely gots the akademick smarts fur it.
  • My older sister, whom I've talked to every single day since I was born, except for when she was on her mission and honeymoon, has stopped talking. And that sucks like a black hole.
  • I wish I had a some way to truly express how much I loaf/respect my blogger buddies. If this blog is my therapy, then my buddies are my Prozac. You guys deserve a promotion.
  • HIPPA! We had a hypothetical Norovirus out break at my fake work. In the entire time this fake facility has been open, we've never had to quarantine it before. We hypothetically currently have 24 residents and only five hadn't gotten it...until I did. So I'm not sure about the five, as I'd been told not to come back to work for three days. This is my third day and I'm starting to pretend to remember what feeling human is like. I made it two weeks before I got sick, all the while, cleaning up shit and puke in my PPE's. The puking was bad, the hershey squirts were worse, but the muscle aches and chills...oh lardy.
  • 16 year old driving daughter is good (but not at driving) she's off to jazz festival this weekend where she will rock her tenor sax. Tournament softball practices have been every Sunday since last August, but school Softball is starting soon. With morning Drivers Ed and after school Softball, she'll be at school for twelve hours a day. Her ulcers were getting better.
  • 13 year old daughter is hormonal, but ever on the honor roll and sticking with her early morning (6am)voluntary conditioning program in middle school. She's sort of the middle child (like me) because of her twin younger brothers. So I try to make sure we have a lot of bonding time, which last weekend ended up in me sporting purple toenails with pink polka dots. She gave up her trumpet this year in favor of art class. Middle Schoolers in this district can only have one elective. I was sort of sad about it, (as was the music instructor) because band was the the ONLY reason I liked school and kept attending, and she was very good! It turns out she is also an amazing artist! Her last (honor roll) report card had a comment from her art teacher saying, "she shows a very strong ability in this area." I should really scan some pictures, they are amazing. She made a get well card for her brother (MFA) when he was sick, and the likeness was surreal. I worry that her heart is softer than mine...
  • Twin A (MFA) is really struggling. His most amazing awesome SLP quit last year. There is a major shortage of SLP's nationwide, and it is affecting him severely. So far his grades aren't suffering too much, he's still at the top of his class in math and reading, but his behavior is declining...or more precisely, his reaction to the situation he is in, is becoming less positive. Imagine trying to function in a world where you speak a unique language that can't be learned...and you have to un-learn it. Then imagine that it is a developmental issue, that if you don't overcome it soon, you will always struggle with it. This above anything else in my life is my focus, and tugs at my very core.
  • Twin B seems to have inherited what my BIL calls "strong pioneer stock." Nothing phases this dude. He is the top of his entire class, in every subject in school. He saved up his Valentine candy, and then asks me if I want a kiss...and then I get two. Both are very delicious. Shiny happy people r' us.
  • The husband and I recently celebrated our tenth anniversary. The last two years have been really rough, but I married an awesome man. No points given to me, I was just lucky. I think I briefly mentioned my epiphany in a previous post, but I can't imagine waking up and facing my day without this person. We're off to the ocean to defrag and celebrate at the end of the month.
  • As always, for the years that I've known her, I'll collect shells for my absent blogger buddy Whidbey Island friend, Jo.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At Friday, February 22, 2008 7:59:00 AM, Anonymous JoeInVegas said…

    Hmmm, sorry, I don't have a warning label on my butt, just continue on though.

     
  • At Tuesday, February 26, 2008 6:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your kids sound like fascinating people -- so arty and bold.

    Go for the master's degree. Two years -- about average. You can get them online now from reputable institutions of higher ed. You don't need to clean up people's shit the rest of your life. I know they need good, caring nurses like you, but I think you've paid your dues by now.

    - Phoebe

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home