Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Book Whore

My ex-mo blogger bud Rory posted an excerpt from a book that I really enjoyed.
(imagine that I have fabulous HTML skills and linked her blog under her name ^ up there)
(for the unimaginative: http://rorykearn.blogspot.com/ )
She is going through a rough spot and could use some serious backing.
I want to talk to her daughter and tell her about my "mother" or maybe direct her to the latest story of the child locked in a closet, chained to a bed and/or microwaved.
For example: http://tinyurl.com/2rnfoe

Back to the whoring.

I read about a book a week, more if I can.
I'm always on the lookout for a good recommendation.
Subtle begging?
Out of everything I've ever read, there is one book that has been my favorite for about a decade.
I've read and re-read it countless times.
It seems I'm always buying it because I keep giving it away.
I've considered buying a suit, tie and name tag to start knocking on doors, because I just love it so much.
All of my siblings have read it and my nephew was even named after it.
The Brothers K by David James Duncan.
Go ahead, I'll wait while you Google and Amazon it.
It's the most powerful, satisfying 645 pages I've ever encountered.

*Disclaimer *If you weren't raised in a stifling religious environment, don't love baseball and don't have a soul, this book may not affect you as much.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At Thursday, November 08, 2007 4:02:00 PM, Blogger Rory Kearn said…

    Oh. Wow, I just stopped over to read you ( love the pics BTW ) and saw this post. Thank you, thank you. I have had blog friends, work friends and my family rallying around me.

    Again, thanks.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home