Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fuzzy Love Glow

I frequently blather on about how awesome my siblings are.
Because they just...are.
Deal with it.

My older TBM sister was out visiting us this week from Utah.
It was awesome, and I filled the memory card of my camera (pictures soon-ish).

She just mentioned in passing, that she'd had her temple recommend taken away for an entire year.
Wha...wait...when...why...what?
Then told of us all the Utah cousin marriages, missionary endowments etc. etc... she hadn't been able to attend.
Wha...wait...when...why...what?
She'd told her bishop in her annual interview, and then her stake president, that denying equal rights for gays r.e. marriage was wrong and she didn't support it.

She was driving myself, our oldest sister and her lesbian partner around at the time. We had to pull over and have a 'moment' and then we all quickly put our sunglasses on.

I told her she was the most awesome Mormon EVER.

I'm just so damn wealthy in the sibling department.

On another note, when we got back from our tearful sun glass escapade to procure semi Mormon approved Diet Coke, we got a phone call from our baby brother on his new quad band cell phone.
He had been rushed to some hospital in Colorado for surgery (because no one even close to Moab could deal) because he seriously fucked up his knee in his last US sky dive.
Quad band cell phone because he just closed on his Moab house, and is moving his family to Australia...after a brief sailboat excursion on the Mexican Baja.
He didn't break anything, and his ligaments are intact, just many soft tissue issues and a whole lot of stitches.

I'm going to Utah in October for a few weeks, to snuggle my younger sisters first baby and to see my brother and fam off to Australia.

(insert fuzzy love glow here)

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At Sunday, August 12, 2007 3:29:00 PM, Blogger Randy said…

    Good for your sis! Wait, they're taking away temple recommends for that now? Honestly, that doesn't fit at all with any of the TR interview questions. Sounds like the bishop or SP is an overzealous dick. He'd probably be upheld if your sister appealed up to Salt Lake, but maybe not. It would be fun to see how something like that would go, but probably not for your sister.

     
  • At Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:17:00 AM, Anonymous wry catcher said…

    I love this post. And I'm jealous of your siblings that love you so. AWESOME.

    Plus, I also can not BELIEVE a BP or SP withheld a TR for that reason. Unbelieveable. But yeah, good on your sis.

     
  • At Thursday, August 16, 2007 9:05:00 AM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    You do have an interesting family.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home