Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Depends

I just turned 33.
Yowzie.
That alone should inherently suck enough.
I thought I had finally figured out that each birthday is progressively worse than the last.
But, sweet baby buddha, this one literally stank.
I could have said, "this one took the cake", but that would imply that there was an actual cake involved.

On the birth DAY I dropped my oldest off at her coaches house @ 5:45am to head for California for the Western World Softball Series.
That sucked, although she is an old fart now, I've never shipped her off with anyone but family, and until now, I had never missed one her games.
Then I went to work and worked a double.
There is something very depressing about waking and wiping stinky the butt (yes I meant "stinky the butt" as a inappropriate coping label) and then wiping it again at noon, and then the final wipe before you tuck them in.
My husband was absent, a job interview, completely stressed about a possible job change after 12+ years at his current company.
But the final straw, was that the only person that actually remembered my birthday, was a card from the Mormon visiting teacher, that I've never even met.
Oh COME the fuck on already.
MWFAC (Married White Female Aspiring Curmudgeon), seeking permanent cancellation of all standard celebratory expectations.

So I bought myself a chocolate cheesecake, crest white strips and a pair of sweet chacos.
Happy Birthday to me fuckers.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, July 17, 2007 6:57:00 AM, Blogger Miranda said…

    Happy Birthday, Keri! As your elder, I have to say that 33 really wasn't bad at all. I had a good year that year. :)

     
  • At Tuesday, July 17, 2007 4:18:00 PM, Blogger Ann said…

    Babykins! I'm sorry you had a sucky birthday. I'm sorry nobody remembered but a MoStranger. But I'm glad you made it up to yourself with cheesecake.

     
  • At Wednesday, July 18, 2007 8:03:00 AM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    Happy birthday! Maybe next year will be better - as long as you remember to get that cake and present for yourself ahead of time.

     
  • At Thursday, July 19, 2007 9:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A very happy un-brithday to you. Sorry I missed it.

    In addition to the card from the visiting teacher, I get the card from our car insurance guy.

    My husband and my mom remember, and I don't tell anyone else.

    Get outta heeyeah -- whippersnapper.

    -- Phoebe

     
  • At Friday, July 20, 2007 7:33:00 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said…

    I think you deserve to rant in a curmudgeonly way about the birthday. Sigh.

    I'm glad you got the cheesecake, and that you're actually a fabulous age too. (so they say ~ I'm 35 and I don't remember 33)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home