Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Is there a sign on my forehead?

Today, I heard a knock on my door right about the time my boys get home from school.
I panicked, because I thought I may have locked them out, and that would have exceeded my bad mommy quota for the month.
I was in my bathroom at the time, in the tub with my cooler, bleaching the fuck out of it, in preparations for this weekends softball tournament.
It took me a bit to get to the door, even in panic mode, because I may or may not have been in various nekky stages so as to not bleach my clothes (roll eyes multiple times here).

It wasn't my boys.

Instead, it was random dude from some "amazing facts" group. (I googled, and they have an actual dot org)
He wanted to ask me seven questions, to which, in my frazzled state, I consented. I also blame the bleach fumes.
We made it to question four, before he got extremely rude and stormed off.


He didn't like my answers.

My boys walked up right as the guy was steaming off and asked who he was.
I said it was someone who was pissed that I wouldn't play with his imaginary friend.

Now...please understand that I am always MORE than nice to ALL of the door knockers. Partly due to the horrible experiences my siblings experienced on their Mormon missions. Partly due to the fact that I truly respect peoples personal choices/beliefs, even as an unwavering atheist.

The JW's love me (not my husband, after a few hour+ long sessions on my porch they have learned to only come when I am home) . I am always friendly, and save trees by letting them keep their magazines, and I am an easy check off on their required proselytizing hours.

BUT, this random "amazing facts" dude was one of the rudest people I have ever encountered in any walk of life...and I wipe grumpy peoples asses for a living!
I didn't answer any of his questions rudely, just honest/factual as they apply to my personal beliefs/non-beliefs.
Next time, I will request "random dudes" address FIRST before I answer any questions, so I can knock on his door and be VERY polite.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At Thursday, May 17, 2007 11:24:00 AM, Anonymous belaja said…

    Whoa, Ms.C, now I'm all curious. What were his questions and what were your answers that they so randomly pissed him off?

     
  • At Thursday, May 24, 2007 1:15:00 AM, Blogger Ms-Chievous said…

    Bel, it started of rocky with his first question.
    He asked what I believed was the biggest problem with the world today and I answered, "religion."
    I expounded and it went down hill from there.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home