Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Help wanted ad.

I've done the single parent thing.
In fact, I was a teen mom, kicked out of the house at sixteen.
My oldest daughter was created on a Ramen Noodle diet when I lived in a very cheap apartment and attended an alternative ESL high school in Salt Lake city while working part time.
Try walking the icy SLC avenues while eight months pregnant and get back to me.
That was hard.

So, I feel a little weak about whining now.
But, but, I didn't have four children then!
I feel stretched to the limit lately.
My husband has been working the night shift since January. 5pm until 5am M-Thurs with mandatory Fridays until Dog knows when.
I've had to put aside my social anxieties, because, there just isn't enough space in the daily planner for them.
I'm basically back to the single parent thing, thankfully with less Ramen.

The last few weeks, now that my children's sports have begun, and the WASL is looming, it seems that we get home from assorted practices and spend the rest of the evening doing homework.
My boys have an amazing amount of nightly homework for being in first grade, especially for my expressive speech boy. You just cannot shirk this.
My second daughter and I have been up until 11pm every night this week cramming for the WASL.
Bring on the fractions, for we OWN them!
Even though my oldest daughter has a WASL free Freshman year, she still has to maintain her GPA for her student body position, and sports.

My scheduling is crazy out of control, and I fully support clone funding now.

There are a quite a few events that conflict with: my work, children's games/practices and basic existence, i.e. dinner.
For example, one Franklin Daily Planner Day:
Twins Rookie game in home town @ 5:30.
Younger daughters softball game @ 6:00 in neighboring town.
Oldest daughters high school softball practice @ 3-5:30 then tournament practice 6 to 7:30 in neighboring town.
All on the same night.
All my responsibility.
Keri's Kab Kompany needs a raise.
I'm doing my best, but Dog Damn...I am only one.
But...this is the only childhood they get.
Gah.
I fear it will come down to my children weeping on the sofa while wearing their assorted sports uniforms while holding a latch key.

OR, quit all the sports, subscribe to programmed television for the the first time in eight years, and buy Twinkies to keep them occupied, and beer for me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, April 23, 2007 7:45:00 AM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    This is the only childhood they get - why are they going all over the place doing these things instead of being kids and staying home and just having fun being kids?
    I am impressed with your cab service and kid abilities - good work at keeping up!

     
  • At Monday, April 23, 2007 6:00:00 PM, Blogger Ann said…

    Aren't there some OTHER moms who can drive sometimes? You could take turns...

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home