Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Two for one.

I had a root canal yesterday, or "nerve therapy" as my dentist called it. He's fancy that way.
Whatever, it still cost $2400 and hurts like a mother.
(BTW thank you, previous dentist, who supposedly fixed this same tooth a year ago).
Pain killers make me pissy/pukey so I'm using a well know home remedy know as......BEER!
Since that's the most profound thing I can come up with, I give you two of my favorite artists in one youtube video.
You may thank me in the morning....err, make that mid afternoon.

ETA: Aww fuck me raw, I don't think it's working...and the damn word verification letters are kicking my ass.

ETA2: That big blank space up there is supposed to be a you tube video *&^%$#. Arggghhh! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjdVOfnYkyA

ETA3: Note to self, what the? were you thinking trying to do the you tube posting thing when under the influence of "home remedies."

ETA5: Don't rub your eyes after you squeeze lime into your Corona.

ETA6: Dude, WTF happened to ETA 4?

Etssomething: I think I just felt the spirit.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At Thursday, March 22, 2007 5:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL!

    I wish tooth pain improved my sense of humor. I'd rock the house every day, I tell ya.

    Phoebe

     
  • At Thursday, March 22, 2007 5:49:00 PM, Blogger Ann said…

    Thanks for the link. Sorry about your mouth (and the painkillers...bummer!)

    Great video.

    Feel better soon.

     
  • At Friday, March 23, 2007 7:38:00 AM, Blogger Miranda said…

    How's it going today?

     
  • At Monday, March 26, 2007 7:28:00 AM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    Oh, sorry for the pain, but remember what you are taking so that you can later reproduce it. Makes for interesting posts.

     
  • At Monday, March 26, 2007 8:05:00 PM, Blogger Ann said…

    Can I emote here on your blog for a bit? Sometimes I think this mom thing gets even harder when your kids are grown and you can't cuddle them or rock them in your lap and tell them everything will be OK.

    DD, 26, and her hubby are having troubles. They are going to marriage counseling, which is good. I think it's mostly stress related - her finishing nursing school, him finishing law school, their kid's nanny, his uncle, her dear friend (the same person) dying a few months ago. They love each other. They have a promising future if they can just get through this very difficult patch. I want to wave my magic wand and fix it. I can't.

    Older DS, age 20, a deep thinker and feeler, had fallen rather hard for a lovely girl of his acquaintance. He has been carrying a torch for her for probably over a year. He finally asked her about a month ago if she reciprocated, and she said she wasn't ready for a relationship with anybody. He discovered this weekend that this is actually not the case - she has since begun dating a good friend of his, a very good guy. So it's not that she wasn't interested in a relationship, but that she wasn't interested in a relationship with him. He is heartbroken. And because he is my boy, my guy, my dear one, I am heartbroken too. But he is 20, so I can't rock him and hold him and tell him mommy will make it ok. Because mommy can't.

    Thanks for listening.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<< Home