Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Death Watch 06'

No, this post isn't about the Republican Party, but people need dreams.

I have this butt ugly house plant.
A passed down plant no less.
Maybe that should have been my first clue? But when a MIL says take it! It is generally a good idea to just take it, and s l o w l y back away.
I have no idea what this plant is other than pathetic.
We're talking a stick with three leaves.
It survived the three hour car ride from Western WA to Eastern WA.
It survived the climate/humidity change.
It survived my sisters puppy chewing off most of its leaves (and then promptly puking them back onto my rug).
It has survived my laissez faire attitude when it comes to watering.
It has even survived my twelve year old daughter.
The girl that ensures that I will get a blender every year for Christmas because she breaks the glass Oster annually. The same twelve year old, that as of last week has me using a small pot in place of my coffee carafe...
While I was at work one night, she moved the plant for some unknown reason, dropped it and shattered the pot.
My sweet snuggy buns (aka twelve year old), re-potted it.
And...It...Lives...
Now, in one of my fancy serving bowls.

One may question why I just don't kill the ugly mother fucker?
Well, because: Euthanasia (from
Greek: ευθανασία -ευ, eu, "good", θανατος, thanatos, "death") is the practice of ending the life of a person or an animal because they are perceived as living an intolerable life, in a painless or minimally painful way either by lethal injection, drug overdose, or by the withdrawal of life support. Euthanasia is a controversial issue because of conflicting religious and humanist views.

My doggys may be afforded this dignified alternative, but I'm human, and we're denied the luxury, so you can suffer with the rest of us you no-name bitch plant...Until I need that bowl.








1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, October 04, 2006 9:45:00 PM, Blogger Phoebe said…

    "so you can suffer with the rest of us you no-name bitch plant...Until I need that bowl."

    LOL!! You're in great form, K.

    I'm glad you defined person, and death and all those other hard to pronounce words.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home