Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

He'll need that finger when he get's his drivers license.

Today...I had nothing planned. Yesterday I drove to Seatac and back to send my oldest daughter off to visit family. Seven hours of driving, got home at 3am, YAY!
But today...I was going to Sleeeeeeeeeeeeepp..ppp. With intermittent napping.
Instead I took Twin B to the doctor for a sudden un-explained wound on his finger.
I have 7 year old twin boys. They constantly have something ugly going on, but this is different.
I always see icky oozy stuff at work, but not like this.
I don't know how it got there, he doesn't know how it got there.
It is on his right middle finger near the nailbed.
I first noticed it Sunday evening, it looked odd, and I cleaned it, and bandaged it.
I was gone all day Monday.
Tuesday morning it had GROWN.
Think black oozy crater with an angry swollen red ring around it about the size of a pencil eraser.
I told the doctor that I thought it was either a spider bite (OH MY GAWD) or some sort of wound with a nasty bacterial thing going on.
The doctor was stumped, but thought that it might be a spider bite or one of those aggressive bacterial things.

He got an antibiotic shot in his cute pudgy ass, (he was brave, I wasn't, but I faked it) and is on cephalexin four times a day.
The Doc drew a circle around the edges of the "wound" and if it doesn't show marked improvement by Friday, my boy has to be admitted to the hospital for IV antibiotics.
This isn't going to happen, because I have been emitting Mommy death rays from my eye sockets at all spiders and bacterias in the Pacific North West.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home