Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Shine on and run around the crazy diamond...

With baseball/softball, games/practices, Every. Single. Day. Of. The. Week, it was bound to happen.
Twin B, has one heckuva shiner.
He was playing pick up ball with other boys his age on an adjacent field at my daughters softball game.
His eye was swollen shut before I could even get him into the car.
I used an otter pop as an ice pack, because I am resourceful like that.
I called Aunt Nurse and she said as long as his vision was OK, just watch him for normal head trauma signs.
He felt better after I addressed his major worry, that, NO, he wouldn't have a black eye forever, only for as long as normal bruises last.
He felt MUCH better when we got back to the field and watched his sister get hit by a ball (take your base chick!) and even better in the next inning when she hit a home run.
I was brave and didn't even cry once.



2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home