Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Bunt!


For the love of the game, and my children, almost equally. :o)
Opening ceremony for second daughter and twins boys is tomorrow at 9:30 am.
(This explains why I am still awake)
They are members in our towns softball/teeball leagues (again).
Their uniforms, cleats, gloves, hats, visors are all set out (with NO help from the traitor dryer).
This is all great and wonderful.



BUT:
My oldest daughter is on a highly (costly) competitive tournament softball team (in a neighboring town as ours is very small and she is very good and there isn't a team here for her level). This team she is on has YEAR ROUND practice. This means, I have been driving her butt 1/2 hour each way 3 times a week for practice since August.
Also, two tournaments so far. Two days each (because the are awesome and don't get eliminated on the first day (( I admit that on Saturday at 8pm I sometimes wish they would just LOSE, so we can go home already))
The first, an hour drive each way and the second just far enough away that the Marriott experienced my family's decibel level capabilities.
She has a tournament every other weekend until late August, except for June/July, where we go five weekends in a row in multiple cities. (please assign me a mental health evaluator now).

Yes, I am excited for (for my kiddos) opening day ceremonies, but JEEBUS, I have the fucking T-shirt already.
Note to self: Buy stock in Easton, Exxon and/or convince children to take up non-competitive knitting.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home