Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Wherein Keri shits a brick

In my attempts to speed up my school savings fund (meaning, get my aging pangaea ass back in college already, because each quarter lost is tangibly painful and for some reason I'm not getting any younger?) I applied for a job as a private home care giver for a quadriplegic man in my town.
I met with him and his care giver.
Quadriplegic man: very interesting/congenial and was searching for someone to give his current care giver some time off. He was impressed with my credentials and wanted to hire me on the spot.
Current care giver: very bad vibes. My internal alarms were so loud I think their decibel levels killed some of my precious remaining brain cells and may have harmed some wildlife.
I lifted and shook the quads hand and told him I would let him know and left (quickly, like a T-Rex was chasing me, in a calm sort of way).
I tried to shrug it off as part of my social anxiety, or that I didn't really want to digitally stimulate him every time he needed a bowel movement.

But something wasn't right, and I just couldn't shake it.

Had I seen this man somewhere before?
Maybe my guts and instincts, that have always served me well, needed a tune up?
Maybe it really was time for me to take a pill?

It took me a few days, but I placed him, and politely (freaked) refused the job.

Level III
These offenders pose a potential high risk to the community and are a threat to re-offend if provided the opportunity. Most have prior sex crime convictions as well as other criminal convictions. Their lifestyles and choices place them in this classification. Some have predatory characteristics and may seek out victims. They may have refused or failed to complete approved treatment programs.
Convicting Crime: Rape RCW: 9A.44.000


Now, I believe that the sex offender registry is generally ineffective and that it creates a false sense of security...Because really, most of the sick motherfuckers haven't been caught yet...BUT...Praise Dog that it exists and that I check it every now and then.
(The law won't allow me to post a name/picture, but I do have an email address if you want to join my brick shitting club and have joint nightmares).


3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home