Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The game of life.

Jill, the fancy cancer rat died in her sleep.
We made a casket out of pop-sickle sticks and cardboard.
We had a service.
Everyone cried, except Dad, who was at work.
I answered, the best I could, 101 questions about death.
NO, cancer is not contagious.
Yes everything dies.
Yes, if we ever sell our house, we will inform the new owners where our fancy cancer rat is buried so they won't dig her up, etc...

Twins A&B, co-owners of A&B Destruction Company, are improving by leaps and bounds now that they are in their regular first grade class full time.

Their teachers are amazing and their principle still sucks arse.

Oldest daughter is struggling in Algebra (sorry about those genes daughter). She was one of only 30 kids in her school to test into the advanced math class. It is affecting her GPA, self esteem and her membership on the student body elect status. She is also suffering burnout because of her 3 days a week conditioning, 3 days a week softball, 4 days a week volleyball, youth group and various life responsibilities.

Second oldest, very shy/introverted, daughter seems to have contracted the "middle child syndrome". I bought her two journals. One just for her, and one for us. Her journal is, of course, private, and OUR journal is where we talk to each other when words are too difficult. It seems to be working. *crossing fingers* The journal seems to make her feelings less difficult to express, and for me, more able to access.

Twin A, (the twin with the severe expressive language issues) has been to his outside speech therapist three times now ( the Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) and I have the same last name and are very much Mormonly related) . The SLP is successfully working with Twin A in areas that I hadn't even considered. I.E. Placing a mirror in front of him, with popular action figures, and making him pronounce their name correctly while looking in the mirror.

The husband and I are arguing.

Life is normal, good, etc...


5 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, March 14, 2006 8:34:00 AM, Blogger Phoebe said…

    I need a second chance at parenting and be more like you the next time.

    I have to take my cancer cat to the vet today. When I wondered out loud last night if I would have to have her put down, I looked up to see tears rolling down daughter's cheeks. She daily says kitty is a pain, that she's stinky and gross, and that we need a new one.

    But we don't always say what we mean.

     
  • At Tuesday, March 14, 2006 11:47:00 AM, Blogger doug said…

    I can't think of the right word that describes the sound my heart made reading this blog entry. It is one of those sounds that combine several emotions which are inhaled and exhaled over successive breaths and the resultant tones, harmony and melody sooth even the savaged and ravaged. It is the kind of breathing that gives life its best moments. I inhaled Keri-kindness and exhaled heart felt hope, a byproduct of the honor we give to our loved ones. I love the way you take it all in and let it all out. Keep breathing Keri, I dig your respirations.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 15, 2006 8:50:00 AM, Blogger Cjara said…

    Ah...death. Was an issue at my house too recently. Makes questions like "Do you pee from your butt, mommy?" seem like a piece of cake.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 15, 2006 10:38:00 AM, Blogger Miranda said…

    Just saying hello and ((hugs)).

     
  • At Friday, March 17, 2006 8:15:00 AM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    How boring would life be without argument? Whether it be two year old or teenager or husband?

    I know things would be a lot calmer though.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home