Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

2006?

As I am opposed to New Years Resolutions (don't they always fail?)
I'm posting a few things I learned in 2005, not complete or in order of importance:
  • I am naive.
  • Going to school is expensive (minimum $1500 a quarter and that is VERY cheap by most standards).
  • Taking a quarter off to work to recover financially can have a serious impact on your self esteem.
  • Sometimes being a good parent is not enough.
  • People expect the very worst of you.
  • The dot com (as my SWEET Grandmother calls it) can keep families who are far apart, very close, BUT, can also cause much angst.
  • I have amazing blogger friends whom I wouldn't trade for even New York cheese cake and shrimp kabobs.
  • I have Message board friends who have banned me for reasons unknown (at least to me).
  • I am naive.
  • I will never be a mathematician.
  • Neighbors who have had two dogs taken from them for neglect, will still get a new puppy.
  • I have to choose my battles.
  • I fail at many things.
  • I succeed at many things.
  • Time goes faster the older I get.
  • Parenting, at each age, has it's own unique challenges.
  • People WILL use you if you let them.
  • A 3.9 GPA means nothing to people who need your attention.
  • I am SO naive.
  • Guest houses are awesome for 14 year old slumber parties. Guest houses are just one more thing to clean and maintain.
  • I have to let go.
  • Successful parenting can equal pain.
  • I don't have all the answers.
  • Relationships are hard.
  • Cutting 8 inches off my hair doesn't mean I'm old or ugly or less "female".
  • I have a lot to learn.
  • Internal compasses rarely fail.
  • I can fail and succeed at the same time in different areas.
  • Control is not possible.
  • I have everything I could possible want at this very moment.
  • I'm OK with being trusting and naive.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home