Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Peeking out of the box (hehe I said box)

Today was my LAST speech in SPH 101.
DONE.
I had a moment today, that now that I was done....I survived that class? I did it? Who is this person?
4.3 no less.
This is me. Nervous rash chick who can't even grocery shop because of severe social anxieties.
If I had to give a speech tomorrow I couldn't. I held it together by being on the outside and looking in. I lost fingernails by holding on so tightly.
It was an assigned topic that worried me a little at first, but in the end, truly couldn't have been more perfect for me.
My final speech topic was on Sex Education.
You should have seen my visual aids.

At 16 I was pregnant, a highschool dropout and terrified about my future...if I still had one (in Mormon land no less). I know first hand that trial and error isn't the best method.
Great ethos right there.
Mr. Awesome Instructor who I couldn't stand at the beginning of the quarter, but grew to really respect, because I realized he was just as opinionated as myself (I wouldn't have to be so opinionated if people weren't just SO wrong) came up to me after class and said, "I don't want you to take one of my comments as negative, you verbally negated the other side of the argument, and that is usually REALLY bad, but I would have done the same thing, and realistically there isn't a valid argument on the other side of the issue".
Some one give that man a cookie, because I already gave him a condom....glued to a popsicle stick....and called it a life saver.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home