Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Absent Apostate

Wow.
Sad.
I didn't think it would be this difficult.
My younger sister is getting married tomorrow/today in the Campinas Brazil temple.
It hurts that I'm not even there on the temple lawn to support her. I don't feel guilty, I just feel sad.
I tried to call her all day today with no luck. I'm sure tomorrow won't be any more successful.
The poopy part is, the only members of our family that could go to Brazil are the Father sans evil 3rd stepmother, and the "mother"....and they don't even talk to each other.
Her true support system/siblings are all here in the states crying.
I'm taking a small amount of comfort in the fact that she truly knows how much her siblings love/support her and wish we were there.
*sigh* she won't be back in the states until September. They are having their honeymoon/Masters Thesis project in Guatemala for three months.

3 Comments:

  • At Saturday, May 07, 2005 4:42:00 AM, Blogger none said…

    That´s tough. I feel for you. I wish your sister all the best.

     
  • At Saturday, May 07, 2005 5:47:00 PM, Blogger Ann said…

    I'm sure she knows how much you all love her. I think it's for the best that she's there, because you aren't the ONLY ONE not at the wedding.

    I have no intention of attending any more weddings standing out on the lawn. Even my own kids. They know I love them, and how important they are to me. They can take that in with them (and I don't mean that in a snotty way). I won't love them any less at home in my comfy chair than I would standing on the lawn or even sitting in a sealing room.

     
  • At Sunday, May 08, 2005 7:58:00 PM, Blogger Phoebe said…

    Wierd how things you've dreamed of for a long time really turn out in the end.

    I wish her success and happiness.

    Ann - I'm with you. No more standing out on the lawn.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home