Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Spare Strike.

I just bought the sheet music on-line for Five for Fighting's song, "100 years."
For obvious reasons (if you've ever read my blog) this song has some powerful meanings for me.
For other obvious reasons (if you've ever read my blog) I haven't had much time to dedicate to my piano playing.
Now if the ivories bellered as loud as my children, we might have a different story to read.
Let me re-iterate, that playing the piano is how I save 1000's of dollars a month on therapy bills.
I'm 2 months in debt so far.
I might have saved my dollar by finding some obscure web-site that offered the sheet music for free if I gave up my first born and 62 of my friends email addresses but, the printer/scanner/copier/faxer machine of great printing, scanning, copying and faxing doG like qualities that I ordered with my "kick ass hot screaming fast new computer system" hasn't arrived yet, and I am ALL about instant gratification.
Show me a "buy it now" button, and I am likely to push it. Twice.

I'd love to tell you that you will hear this on an audio blog, but:
1- I suck at lying.
2-I get so nervous, that my hands shake and even "peter, peter pumpkin eater would be botched (but I wish I had a pumpkin between my legs).
3-Back the fuck off, lower your expectations of me ALREADY!


"100 Years"
I'm 15 for a moment
Caught in between 10 and 20
And I'm just dreaming
Counting the ways to where you are
I'm 22 for a moment
She feels better than ever
And we're on fire
Making our way back from Mars
15 there's still time for you
Time to buy and time to lose15,
there's never a wish better than this
When you only got 100 years to live
I'm 33 for a moment
Still the man, but you see
I'm a they,
A kid on the way
A family on my mind
I'm 45 for a moment
The sea is high
And I'm heading into a crisis
Chasing the years of my life
15 there's still time for you
Time to buy, Time to lose yourself
Within a morning star
15 I'm all right with you
15, there's never a wish better than this
When you only got 100 years to live
Half time goes by
Suddenly you’re wise
Another blink of an eye
67 is gone
The sun is getting high
We're moving on... I'm 99 for a moment
Dying for just another moment
And I'm just dreaming
Counting the ways to where you are
15 there's still time for you
22 I feel her too
33 you’re on your way
Every day's a new day... 15 there's still time for you
Time to buy and time to choose
Hey 15, there's never a wish better than this
When you only got 100 years to live.

Good news for me, now that Dumpsters test has revealed, I'm only 23.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home