Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Sack Sweat

On the first day of my World Religions 201 class the Professor asked us to write a small summary on the reason we were taking the class.
I put, "know thine enemy" and 5 easy credits. Now I don't really feel this way and
I may have started off on the wrong foot, but I'm an Atheist with a big mouth accompanied by a very smart ass. I just can't help myself sometimes.
I'm loving this class. I even look forward to this class. It is fascinating to me. So interesting in fact that I wish the class was longer and the Proff could go more in depth with each religion we are studying.
I get SO annoyed when dipshits raise their hands in class and ask stupid questions (like, how can GOD not exist, when Hinduism, Jainism, Sikkhism and Buddhism that we are currently studying are all atheistic religions in nature) because it takes away from the professors lecturing time.
I've also discovered that I may be a smidge competitive. Some chick had the nerve to turn in one of the 4 papers we are required to write this month last Thursday. They aren't even due until Feb 1st.
I guess I might have slammed out all four last weekend plus an extra credit paper on Shamanism and turned them in today.
I may have even done a "in your face-smack that shit-fuck you jig" while walking up to turn them in.
The professor does everything he can to teach from a neutral stand point and does it quite well, but I can tell he is has some sort of Christina background by the way he quotes the Bible AND he pronounces my very Mormon surname correctly, which no one ever does.
In my exmo duties I scan for garment wearing every day*.
I make the world a safer place.
*Cue Super Exmo Woman Atheist music now*

3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, January 26, 2005 9:58:00 AM, Blogger Dave said…

    There's a part in Angels & Demons where an atheist is talking to the protagonist of the book, an expert in religious iconology. The atheist had made some comment that caused the expert to remark that he wasn't really religious himself. He just liked the subject. The atheist came back with, "How silly of me to be so presumptuous. A person need not have cancer to study cancer."

    I loved that line. I'm glad you're enjoying your detached study of cancer.

     
  • At Wednesday, January 26, 2005 4:03:00 PM, Blogger Phoebe said…

    "Know thine enemy" is brilliant! You are brilliant. Shine on you crazy diamond :)

     
  • At Thursday, January 27, 2005 3:57:00 AM, Blogger none said…

    This is a hilarious post. Makes me wish I was a fly on the wall of that class!

    (evil cackle) Super Exmo Woman Atheist (/evil cackle) I love it. You go girl! ;)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home