Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I bought you a beautiful bass.

Yes,I'm supposed to be reading Chapter 3 on early Hinduism, because this is my only free time during the day.
I'd rather blog thank you very much.
You may need a hanky for this story, I did.
I got home from school last night about Ten-ish and headed straight for the computer, of course ;o). On my computer there was a piece of paper taped to the screen. It said MOM MOM mom mom mom mom in graduating sizes with an arrow pointing down to a letter. I noticed it was my 10 year old daughters super special stationary that she got for Christmas (because she is super special and loves to write letters). Her letter follows verbatim.
Dear Mom,
I love you. I wanted to give you this because you made it a few days into college!!
I love you Mom,
Heart Heart Heart
SnuggyBear*

Inside was a bracelet that she made for me out of a beading kit she got for Christmas.
So what if it scratched the crap out of my face and wrist all night, I'm wearing it.

*Name changed to protect the snuggy bear.

5 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, January 11, 2005 12:34:00 PM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    Yes, congrats on making it this far! Is she really surprised that you made it through this long?
    Where's the bass? And come on, tell us who the bear is, pretty please?

     
  • At Tuesday, January 11, 2005 6:04:00 PM, Blogger Phoebe said…

    DARN tootin! Man, I love daughters; they are so tuned in. My daughter is the letter-writer too, but it has dropped off since she hit her teens. Save every one of those precious letters, MC. Of course, I'm preaching to the choir here. That was so CUTE though.

    Oh-- just noticed the title was a reference to a line in "Napolean Dynamite." Watched in last night in fact. I think the skill of fishing is going to put Hallmark out of business, don't you? :)

     
  • At Tuesday, January 11, 2005 7:26:00 PM, Blogger Just Me said…

    Now this is what life is all about. I love and live for these special moments.

    How's the rash?

     
  • At Tuesday, January 11, 2005 11:33:00 PM, Blogger none said…

    Awwwwwww. That´s so sweet. The stuff that make motherhood so worthwhile. Calendula cream or aloe vera should help. :)

    Mine told me the other day: "My hands are warm. See?" and he touched my hands. "But, Ciara, (he likes to call me by my given name), Ciara, your hands are cold." and started rubbing them warm.

    It didn´t really warm my hands (they´re always cold) but it sure melted my heart. :)

     
  • At Tuesday, January 11, 2005 11:36:00 PM, Blogger Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home