Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Friday, January 28, 2005

Homicidal tendencies.

There was a substitute Professor in my World Religions 201 class tonight.
His handout was on 4 theories of why God must exist.
Oh dude. Bad form.
I fucking raised my never before raised hand, higher than it has never been raised. I'm glad I shaved and wore deodorant.
Never have I spoken SO much in any class.
It caused one of my glorious rashes and increased heart rate and blood pressure rates but it was worth it (to me).
I politely pointed out to him that all of his "examples" were from a skewed western Christian (Christina) point of view, therefore they weren't valid in a class on WORLD religions.
Then I "exchanged words" with a black Christian class member.
When the Professor quit calling on me, I commenced controlled commenting.
For some reason the class ended early.
1-I made it to my car safely and live to tell the tale.
2-I want a refund on today's class.
The real pisser is, he didn't even take roll. I could have ditched and spared my blood vessels and epidermis.
Fucking Aesops Fables.

3 Comments:

  • At Friday, January 28, 2005 6:45:00 AM, Blogger Phoebe said…

    The proof that god exists is that we have the miracle of anti-persperant. You KNOW I'm kidding. That really angers me too, MsC. I'm glad you spoke up, and I wish I could have been there to back you up.

     
  • At Friday, January 28, 2005 8:22:00 AM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    It's an ongoing class - aren't they allowed to do one religeon a night? Maybe next week they'll do Taoism.
    Did you hear about the image of the Virgin Mary burned into a cheese sandwich? She's making the rounds - was on exhibit in Vegas this week. Does any other religion become so enamored with found images?

     
  • At Friday, January 28, 2005 9:00:00 AM, Blogger Dave said…

    Hey! I do too exist! I shit, therefore, I am.

    I'm hoping one day, you can substitute a reaction of anger over this type of thing with a reaction of pity for the moronic souls who need something to believe in, because they just don't believe in themselves.

    Certainly, one's not any better than the other in terms of looking down on people, but at least you won't break out in a rash over it.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home