Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Get real.

I've made it two weeks into my college classes, I even got a sparkly bracelet for it! I'm actually enjoying my classes quite a bit, but I feel like it is only a matter of time before the professor calls me up to the front of the class and points a crooked finger at me and yells FAKER! You can't be in this class because you are a big dumb stoopey head...and umm....You're OLD!
In truth, my classes aren't as challenging as I thought they would be. My English Comp teacher has already pulled me aside to praise my writing and I'm feeling very confident of getting good grades but I have this whole insecure thing going on. This inner demon voice that talks WAY too fucking much negative trash. Oh and the rash we can't forget my glorious nervous rash that makes my entire neck and chest turn a beautiful shade of "bleeding hemorrhoid" red.
I know that my insecurities are the very least attractive thing about me (except maybe my Pangaea ass). Great, so any time I start feeling insecure/anxious/depressed, my self esteem gets about as low as a worm fart...And that, my fellow bloggers, is pretty damn low... And stinky.
I refuse to take pills. I've tried a few different ones and I refuse to spend my life dependent on a pill, so I put myself between a rock and a cock, oops I mean hard place.
It gives me nervous cramps me to have a big toe back into the big ol' world pool, and the husband says I can't wear my tinfoil helmet to class. Booger.

I do want to say thanks to my blogging buddies for all the nice shit you say.
It is not so much our friends' help that helps us, as the confidence of their help. -Epicurus-
Of all the things which wisdom provides to make us entirely happy, much the greatest is the possession of friendship.
-Epicurus-

5 Comments:

  • At Thursday, January 13, 2005 3:43:00 PM, Blogger Monroe said…

    I count myself in nothing else so happy
    As in a soul remembering my good friends. (Shakespeare)

    Thank you for inspiring me to consult The Bard

     
  • At Thursday, January 13, 2005 3:55:00 PM, Blogger Dave said…

    I want you to mach straight to your nearest mirror and tell yourself with emotion and conviction, "I kick ass!" Repeat that 1,546,789,456 times, or until it feels real; which ever comes first.

    Don't be stupid. You're great. Now all you have to do is believe it.

     
  • At Thursday, January 13, 2005 5:18:00 PM, Blogger Phoebe said…

    Dammit, girl -- you deserve to like yourself as much as we do. I'm going to have a hissy-fit about this. Like it will do any good :)
    Not suprised your teacher likes your writing. Wish you would share your assignments with us.

     
  • At Thursday, January 13, 2005 5:24:00 PM, Blogger Ann said…

    Excuse me, but I can't see why you shouldn't wear your tin foil helmet if you want.

     
  • At Thursday, January 13, 2005 10:24:00 PM, Blogger Just Me said…

    Keri ROCKS!!!!

    Once upon a time there was a girl named Keri
    She's cooler than me--
    I'm just a fairy wannabe--
    And that's just plain ass SCARY.

    I love you, Keri. :)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home