Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Friday, December 31, 2004

I hope I will have time to visit.

Said the little boy, "Sometimes I drop my spoon."
Said the old man, "I do that, too."
The little boy whispered, "I wet my pants."
"I do that too," laughed the little old man.
Said the little boy, "I often cry."
The old man nodded, "So do I."
"But worst of all," said the boy, "it seemsGrown-ups don't pay attention to me."
And he felt the warmth of a wrinkled old hand.
"I know what you mean," said the little old man.
-Shel Silverstein-

4 Comments:

  • At Friday, December 31, 2004 8:55:00 AM, Blogger Phoebe said…

    That was darling, and it shouldn't need a comment, but I can't help telling something it reminded me about. While reading about depression one day, I came across a statement that the very young, and the very old, and women make up the majority of people with depression, for the simple fact that these three groups have the least amount of control over their lives.
    My fear about getting old is becoming "invisible." Ignored. Not being given any kind of credence.

     
  • At Friday, December 31, 2004 7:40:00 PM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    Maybe you can be like the photo on this site - obviously paid attention to too much.

     
  • At Sunday, January 02, 2005 7:41:00 PM, Blogger Miranda said…

    Good luck at school tomorrow, Keri! I am so excited for you, I hope it is a good day.

     
  • At Wednesday, January 05, 2005 9:46:00 AM, Blogger Dave said…

    Just wanted to let you know that I've caught up on your entire blog and commented on all entries. I'm way too nice to you.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home