Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Monday, December 20, 2004

Feel free to delete your link.

Because, Keri is back.

In the JesusMas spirit. I have a few random thoughts.
What was up with that Jesus dude?
I tend to believe he was a real, and semi interesting person in history (herstory?).
I don't have many hard feelings against him.
His followers scare me shittless, but whatever...here are my questions.
Did Jesus make up the whole "virgin Mary" story, was it Mary, or was it his followers?
If it was his followers, then of course, understood and forgiven. Par for the course.
If it was Mary? She probably just thought she didn't look good in scarlet red. From the portraits I've seen, Joseph was a hottie. Maybe Mary swung right once, but was ultimately a switch hitter? OK, forgiven. Can't blame her much for trying to save her own ass.
If it was the Jesus dude? He may have lost any ounce of credibility he never had with me.
Didn't he question why his mom wasn't putting out for Joseph? It's not like she was on the rag, she was pregnant.
If I were Joseph, I would have had some serious questions for the mail man, Ms. Matilda the furrier down the street and maybe that donkey she was riding.

Why couldn't it have worked for me when I was 16 to say, no?!?!? I am a virgin! It must have been God that impregnated me!

I'm not sorry folks. My grey matter just giggles and curdles at the thought.
But, still, I have to give them78 points for fooling so many people for so many years.

Yes, the "Christmas eve" program is very unique at my house.

Religion 201, here I come.

This brings me to my link for the day. http://www.ramdac.org/article/id/58

5 Comments:

  • At Monday, December 20, 2004 7:27:00 AM, Blogger Just Me said…

    ROTFLMAO!!!!!

     
  • At Monday, December 20, 2004 7:29:00 AM, Blogger Just Me said…

    Ooops I hit enter by mistake...I wrote up this three page paper re: the whole jesus, mary and god thing. Last year I saw very interesting programs on Discovery channels (making a not to order them)about all this. Amazing chit.

    I am always so very intrigued at how much power the Bible has. When you read it and chit, hell, it doesn't make sense. AT ALL. I think a bunch of schizos wrote it. The whole Jesus concept is okay....not bad rules to live by but c'mon..........sheeeeesh.

    I should post my paper on my blog. I have been fearful of offending my Xtian buddies. sigh

     
  • At Monday, December 20, 2004 7:48:00 AM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    Come on, tell us how you really feel. I bet you don't believe in the Easter bunny either.

     
  • At Monday, December 20, 2004 2:05:00 PM, Blogger Phoebe said…

    I'd have printed that doogie list out if the printer hadn't run out of ink. I will return.
    I need you to sit on the front row in religion class :)

     
  • At Wednesday, January 05, 2005 9:34:00 AM, Blogger Dave said…

    I think that the Monte Python's Life of Brian explains it all quite nicely.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home