Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Maise not malaise.

With all the talk of the gourmet dishes my fellow bloggers have partaken of ( I say partaken exclusively for Phoebe), I thought I would share a few of my own gourmet delights and recipes.
My most recent new dish was my own invented Salmon Chowder.
Let me just say that sex is fighting for first on my list after this Salmon Chowder. I got the idea from Ivars( a Seattle area restaurant), and made my own recipe up, and now Ivars can kiss my keister(no really Ivars I'll be back I'm totally teasing).
The recipe:
Make a batch of my Grandma's Potato soup
Add some celery
Add some dill weed.
Add some fish sauce (you can buy this at Viet Wah on Rainier avenue in Seattle)
Add some real salmon, none of that farmed shit, I broiled mine first with garlic and butter, 10 minutes per inch.
Lotsa pepper.
Scarf until content.

I don't eat pork (oh gawd even typing PORK makes me heevy)
I rarely eat red meat (I'm already a mad cow)
I do still eat some chicken and turkey (because I need some fucking protein!)
But fish and crustaceans....watch out, Ima hungry!

For breakfast today I had Candy Corn and Coffee, the corn was from this year, but still delightful. Crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. The coffee was fresh ground and brewed with the first cup taken black and the second with french vanilla.
For lunch I stuck to my diet and only ate candy corn.
For dinner it was candy corn and Corona (omyfuckingorgasmiccoronawithlime).
I did variate a little today with my candy corn recipe. I bit the bottoms off of them and stuck them on my front teeth and had fangs for awhile.
If you need the actual recipe for this......then please seek counseling.
I can recommend a few good ones, but their slots are filled Wednesday from 1pm -2pm.

5 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, October 27, 2004 1:27:00 AM, Blogger none said…

    Hmmm, maybe we should start a blogging for food contest.

    Man that sounds *good*. I also love smoked salmon and caviar. (Yes, I have expensive tastes. Fortunately I keep a tight lid on it most of the year, except around christmas time, where I go bananas and rack up 3-digit bills at the deli.)

    I consider good food the ultimate rival of sex.

     
  • At Wednesday, October 27, 2004 2:33:00 PM, Blogger Ann said…

    For more about the candy corn diet, check out the latest on pound.

     
  • At Wednesday, October 27, 2004 8:14:00 PM, Blogger Ann said…

    Oh, and another thing. We don't abstain from red meat, but we don't eat so much as we used to, now that we're poor. But when I'm pre-menstrual, watch out. It's like the only thing that relieves the symptoms. One night, when I was completely frenzied and bitchy, I ate about a pound of grilled sirloin. After, I felt...tranquil.

     
  • At Wednesday, October 27, 2004 10:48:00 PM, Blogger Dave said…

    You know, it's a good thing pigs can't read (and no, I'm not illiterate). How insulting! To even hint at vomit in the same sentence as pork... mentioning juicy, succulent... dripping with fatty goodness... salty... pork... chops... mmmmmmm...

    Excuse me...

    *spinning chair... car start up and drive away sounds... silence... car coming back sounds... sound of chair groaning out huge fart as I sit back down in it, at least 7 pounds heavier...*

    Ahhhhhhh.... what were we talking about?

     
  • At Thursday, October 28, 2004 7:41:00 AM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    Off of the main meal, and on to Halloween. We hit Costco and bought the BIG bag of mixed immitation chocolate thingies. (what is that, about 25 pounds?). We moved to Vegas a year and a half ago. Our house is in an area with no street lights, no sidewalks, and half to acre lots. We had a total of zero trick or treaters. Smart ones hit the upscale condos. So this year we expect exactly the same number. Hence the purchase of only one bag (sorry BBBBAAAAGGGGG) of goodies. And it's half gone already. If we finish it by Friday I guess we will have to get another, to be sure we have something if anyone comes by.
    No candy corn, all chocolate.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home