Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Long overdue link, and goopy stuff from John.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
My name is John. Over the past couple of years I have
begun exploring photography. My eye is drawn to
patterns and water and strong contrasts. It’s been
quite interesting to explore this part of my brain
because I am very logical and thoughtful in my work.
Photography for me is very open and free flowing with
no beginning or end, just simply moment after moment
after moment captured through my camera.
Completely aside from photography, I have decided to volunteer in
Guyana, South America for a year and possibly two. I
will live in a very rural village, working with a
local non profit organization which promotes a variety
of sustainable development initiatives. My work will
bring me to many villages in a variety of natural
settings. I will find many personal and professional
challenges there, but also of interest will be to see
what moments I will capture with my camera.
Keri asked me to write this I think to help introduce my
photographs to you. I love all the photos I display
and whether you like them or not, I hope you enjoy
looking at them. You are always welcome to tell me
about your reactions to the moments I capture.
I am very grateful to Keri for helping me name some of
them. She sees things that I simply would have never
thought of.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

5 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, October 13, 2004 12:11:00 PM, Blogger Dave said…

    I followed the first link and saw the page full of photos... very nice! I really liked the things you thought were photo-worthy.

    So... off to volunteer in Africa, huh? Does this have anything to do with a woman? I mean, what better pick up line than, "Yeah... I spent several months doing volunteer work in Africa... What can I say? I'm a giver."

    If no ulterior women motivation is driving this, you have my deepest respect.

    :)

     
  • At Wednesday, October 13, 2004 1:21:00 PM, Blogger Phoebe said…

    Waaaay cool, John. I am glad you stopped by. Love the photos!!

     
  • At Wednesday, October 13, 2004 1:23:00 PM, Blogger Phoebe said…

    By the way, black and white photography is my favorite.

     
  • At Thursday, October 14, 2004 9:08:00 AM, Blogger Just Me said…

    I love his photography. I bookmarked him from when we last chatted about him. I need to order some of his prints. They will be perfect for my redecorating ideas.

     
  • At Thursday, October 14, 2004 9:11:00 AM, Blogger johnvs said…

    Thank you for your comments, glad you have enjoyed the photos. As for my reasons for volunteering in Guyana. Well, I did two years as a Peace Corps volunteer when I was younger, so I have already used that line with women. I have been amazed at how it really does score points with some (emphasis on some) women.

    I am doing it because its work that I enjoy. Also, its always an adventure to work in a new country (this will be my fifth country to work in besides the US). Although my motivation isn't women, its still not selfless. I will no doubt end up recieving much more than I give, no matter how hard I try.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home