Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Mental Malaise

It’s a difficult thing sometimes to have Insomniacal tendencies, but it is what I am used to. I’m sure “insomniacal” is a word. Fight me.
It’s very common for me not to be able to go to sleep until 3 or 4 am (Pacific Standard Time ;o). This is when I get most of my reading done (and sometimes chatting).
I’m what you call a “slow sleeper”. It is very difficult for me to shut my brain off. It screams at me all hours of the night. I’ve tried to defrag and delete unnecessary files, and 6.2 gazillion other home remedies, to no avail. I’m just a night person. So I’m used this schedule.
I have to be up at 7 for school. Notta problem.
Last night I felt tired at 10:30, so what did I do? I went to bed, and what happened? I went to sleep. This was WITHOUT any chemical assistance, very odd indeed.

I fed the big yellow bus monster it’s morning meal, let the canines relieve their bladders and went back to bed? I slept until my cell woke me up at 11 am. WTF?

WHO IS THIS PERSON?

If I’m going to start sleeping at night, I will need to request more hours in the day.
Please observe the earth moving out from under me.
There is a gulf fixed between those who can sleep and those who cannot. It is one of the greatest divisions of the human race. -Iris Murdoch-
OK, so does this mean I have to join the human race?!?
I don't even have the right shoes!
Yes that is panic edging into my voice.

Labels:

14 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, September 28, 2004 6:34:00 PM, Blogger Phoebe said…

    "right shoes" -- you crackup :)
    I like your granny with an attitude picture.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 29, 2004 6:36:00 AM, Blogger Phoebe said…

    Is there any way I can make a poster out of granny? Where did you find her? How did you sleep last night, hun? :)

     
  • At Wednesday, September 29, 2004 6:39:00 AM, Blogger Ms-Chievous said…

    I'm thinking it was all a fluke because ummm, it's 6:30 and I'm awake.
    Click on the link under the Granny, that's where I got her.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 29, 2004 7:32:00 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    OMG do I have to join the human race, heeeeeeeeeeeee Maybe that's what's wrong with me???

    I love granny, too. I want to be just like her when I grow up.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 29, 2004 8:30:00 AM, Blogger Dave said…

    I love you, Keri. Did I ever tell you that? It's true. My admiration for you runs so deep, it's difficult for me to articulate the way you affect me every day. You are the sugar in my cereal, the sprinkles on my donut, the gravy on my moist roast beef. You make a good day great. You are the personification of "cool" and the embodiment of "respectability".

    I thought you might like this since you're now getting used to dreaming.

    :)

    (Little does she know that it's all true... Muhahahahahahahahahahaha....!!)

     
  • At Wednesday, September 29, 2004 9:10:00 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    Davey Davey Jo shakes head but smiles

     
  • At Wednesday, September 29, 2004 10:28:00 AM, Blogger Ms-Chievous said…

    I'm going to guess that was your submission in Phoebe's Dangerously Cheesy (DC) Essay contest Dave, or you're on crack either one.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 29, 2004 10:36:00 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 29, 2004 10:54:00 AM, Blogger Dave said…

    That hurt.

    You know what it says about a person who has a hard time taking compliments?

    Well, I don't really know... But it's something bad, I'm sure...

    I just think you've been love-bombed by people from the cult so many times that you can't take it when someone's actually genuine about it. I just wanted to make your day a little better. Is that so wrong?

    *sniff, sniff*

     
  • At Wednesday, September 29, 2004 11:49:00 AM, Blogger Ms-Chievous said…

    You started it… Game on…
    My cup runneth over with the tenderness and honesty of your sweet salutations. If one could only grasp how she has longed for these words to fall… ever so melodiously from ones dewy lips, it would seize ones heart and it would beat no more.
    Alas… I ache no more, my soul is sated.
    Now I gotta go puke.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 29, 2004 12:09:00 PM, Blogger Phoebe said…

    LOL!!! I think I felt the spirit. By the way, The Spirit is now prompting you to come back to my blog. I'm bored, and I can't get up :(

     
  • At Wednesday, September 29, 2004 12:21:00 PM, Blogger Dave said…

    Ouch!! Alright, alright! I give! Uncle, I say!!! Uncle!!!

     
  • At Wednesday, September 29, 2004 11:29:00 PM, Blogger doug said…

    everybody has been too funny on this comment section so I am just going to say out of it except to say - I have insomniac tendencies too - I think it is because I am so at peace with myself and the world or it is because I am in such good shape and my body just doesn't need much sleep or its because I am still getting used to the fact that I don't live my parents anymore and I can go to bed anytime I want or its because I drink to much coffee or its because I need to be awake in case the world comes to an end or its because my best masturbation occurs at 2 AM or its because I have walked around sleep deprived most of my adult life it seems the only natural thing or its because I type endlessly long meaningless sentances like this one and never have time for sleep

    ps I want credit for Brenda's writing assignment from a couple of days ago now please

     
  • At Thursday, September 30, 2004 12:30:00 AM, Blogger Arepetianz said…

    Does anyone really give a fuck whether or not you can sleep? Fuck you...and fuck off...and come to bed already...there's a twinkie under your pillow...

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home