Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Krispy yet Kremey.

Quite a few, very wise, struggling and learned people inspired this post.
I generally believe that most labels are harmful.
On this note, the ONLY label I currently allow for my self is "mom."
Every other label that may be assigned to me is flowing, movable, changeable and temporary.
Labels make us think everyone with that "label" is alike.
When a person is labeled "xxxx" it conjures up a certain image. An individual with whatever label is a still undeniably a person (energy/soul) with unique dreams, goals and needs, just as we all are.

If you look at someone and you see him or her as "fat human, mentally ill person, home wrecker, Mormon" and this list goes on and on, you are essentially negating every other aspect of that person's life AND not seeing past their temporary human state.
I do not see Jo's son as Schizoid. I see him as a young man, a Father and a human with an incredibly difficult diagnosis and future ahead of him (in his temporary human condition).
I do not see a friend of mine as a "home wrecker" I see her as a Mother, a desperate, confused young woman, who is looking for any out for her and her children of her abusive situation (her temporary human condition).
I do not see my stepbrother as Autistic. I see him as a pure, emotionally absent soul on his current journey. He (and his temporary condition) is a teacher and the lesson is ours.
I believe that ones soul, ones eternal energy is infinite. This is just the current temporary state.
I do not see my best friend as a Mormon. I see her as a new mother, a struggling wife, and a struggling psychologist (her temporary human label.) Wait, hold everything, I do label her as a dingy blond because Damn it fits. ;o)
This temporary state may suck some serious donkey ass sometimes, but in my thinking, how can you appreciate (major metaphor ahead) Krispy Kremes, unless you have had liver and onions?
Also please, pretty please with a fucking cherry on top...Please understand that I in no way shape or form mean to trivialize or diminish or grasp the current human struggles that YOU are facing. Above all, please understand that.
I don't believe in re-incarnation because I don't like that word (I can do that, this is my blog). I do believe in "life after death" or more personally I believe that the energy that is me will carry on with those that I love into the next realm.
I don't believe in heaven or hell other than they can be the situations that we place ourselves in, in this biological form.
Now I'm going to get controversial (imagine that).
I believe that the serial mass murderizer (current temporary label) is an energy that is learning a lesson and serving a purpose. Possibly even a negative energy, although I haven't completley wrapped my brain around that concept yet.
How can we as (temporary but very real) humans appreciate life, or the lives around us, if we aren't aware of the many sick, sad, demented and biologically permanent ways that it can end? I for damn sure don't like what he is doing in his (temporary human condition) and lock him up already because I above all am a MOTHER and I swear you don't want to fuck with me on that. BUT, he has taught me a lesson to guard what I love and cherish.
This is the wrap up. Yes we have to judge people and place them in categories and regulate the effect they have on our (temporary biological) lives.
This is just something to ponder while you read the back of your captain crunch cereal box in the morning.
For future cereal box, or bowel movement inducing reading please see:http://ms-chievous.blogspot.com/2004/07/im-in-love-with-another-man.html





14 Comments:

  • At Friday, October 01, 2004 12:38:00 AM, Blogger Arepetianz said…

    The limitation of bodies
    in an infinite number of lives
    is the compromise
    between infinity
    and consciousness.
    you cannot be conscious
    unless you are limited,
    but infinity is your nature
    and your paradox.

    Thanks to permanent incarnation
    and permanent reincarnation (I like the word0
    you are allowed to be
    what you really are.
    infinitely
    conscious

     
  • At Friday, October 01, 2004 12:44:00 AM, Blogger Arepetianz said…

    What I really meant to say was:

    Can you acknowledge
    that your mind
    cannot be
    if it is not eternal?
    I am not pretending
    to communicate here.
    I am only pointing out
    that for your mind
    to be
    it must be eternal.

     
  • At Friday, October 01, 2004 12:47:00 AM, Blogger Ms-Chievous said…

    Two comments in a row without the word "fuck", I didn't know you had it in ya.
    I absolutely recognize your point. Although it pains me greatly to agree with you. ;o)

     
  • At Friday, October 01, 2004 2:17:00 AM, Blogger doug said…

    enjoyed your post Keri

    "for your mind
    to be
    it must be eternal"

    how come?

     
  • At Friday, October 01, 2004 2:28:00 AM, Blogger none said…

    Keri, thanks for your incredible post. What I really like about you, is your unique mixture of compassion and (black) humor. :)

    I agree with you on the "temporary condition", and that it all serves a reason and a purpose and really, who am I to question anybody elses actions. (But I may choose to protect my self from them.)

    Judging can be beneficial. It really depends how one does it.

    If it´s the quiet judgement that you pass when you decide not to give out your telephone number to this guy, because there is *something* about him that doesn´t quite fit, it can be even life-saving.

    If it´s open, unconstructive critisism, then yes, that´s just no good.

    It´s difficult to remember, but I try to keep those thoughts in mind and really, really try not to critisize, or offer any advice unless it´s asked for. (I get very pissed off at my self, when I forget - especially if I "meant" well. Hopefully a sign of progress.)

     
  • At Friday, October 01, 2004 6:36:00 AM, Blogger Phoebe said…

    Oooooo, I like to think of myself as energy/soul. Good one. In fact, I'll think of everyone as an energy/soul today. See if it makes a difference.

     
  • At Friday, October 01, 2004 7:57:00 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    Thank you Keri. We can really learn from you. You are wise beyond your years. I love you, girl.

     
  • At Friday, October 01, 2004 7:59:00 AM, Blogger Dave said…

    This is interesting. This whole time, I'd labeled you "mischievous" and here you are showing me that you're more than that.

    Yep, your assessment of what labels do is spot on. I agree all the way. You neglected to mention, though, that sometimes, labels help people too. Ones like "wise man", "professional athlete", or "rockstar" are a few examples I can think of right off the bat. Another one is "comedian".

    I liked your thoughts on the serial murderer (or was it cereal murderer? You did mention Capt. Crunch...) I totally got where you were coming from on that. You scare me, you know. We think too much alike, and it scares me.

    ~this was posted with love~

     
  • At Friday, October 01, 2004 8:01:00 AM, Blogger Dave said…

    "for your mind
    to be
    it must be eternal"

    how come?

    Yeah, I wanted to ask that too. How does one relate to the other at all?

     
  • At Friday, October 01, 2004 10:18:00 AM, Blogger Ms-Chievous said…

    "...the first law of thermodynamics states that 'Energy can not be created nor destroyed'. Judging that our thought processes (our brains) when measured are electrical impulses and once again, part of the greater electromagnetic spectrum this would imply that taking the 1st law of thermodynamics into consideration, immortality is something we already have in front of us..."
    That's why

     
  • At Friday, October 01, 2004 10:36:00 AM, Blogger Dave said…

    Well, but that line of thinking doesn't follow when you think about how your heart activity can be measured in electrical impulses too. Does you're heart keep beating after you die? Is your heart eternal? Or just the energy that kept it beating? Where does that go, then?

    Are you saying that mental energy doesn't begin at some point during gestation (or even at the point of conception) but that our mental energy comes from somewhere else, like, say, a "pre-existence?" Hmph. *cough, cough, mormon, cough, cough...*

    Perhaps energy cannot be created or destroyed, but that doesn't mean it can't be grown (increased, converted, etc.) or diminished. I don't think it's accurate to confuse mental activity with what many consider an eternal "soul" but that's just me.

     
  • At Friday, October 01, 2004 10:39:00 AM, Blogger Phoebe said…

    What a "eureka" moment for me, Ms-C! Loved it! My husband's family makes their living off of playing with thermodynamics. And when I read that, I remembered the word "entropy" -- a word that incited an interesting discussion once -- most of which I've forgotten. So I had to google entropy, and found out that it isn't a progression to a disordered state, as I had thought. I always said entropy was working against me when it comes to keeping a house clean, or when it comes to growing old, or when it comes to my BRAIN. But actually, entropy is a progression to a higher order, according to what I googled:

    "If a meteor crashes to the Earth, this increases the entropy of the universe. But if all matter is spread out evenly (as in the early universe), this is considered a state of high order. And as matter falls down gradients of any sort, the entropy of the universe increases, i.e. it becomes more orderly."

    "Entropy is "clumping" ... falling down gradients. It is the increase in order (as perceived by us)"

    What they mean is that the various components of matter separate into primordial piles. So maybe I'm worth more dead than alive?????

    Oh crap, I just confused myself. I'll just stick with the thermodynamic first law to make myself feel better. :)

     
  • At Friday, October 01, 2004 4:51:00 PM, Blogger Ms-Chievous said…

    Good stuff folks.
    I call FOUL on drawing the line between "pre-existance and life after death" (although I hate these terms) I don't think you can believe in just one.
    Is your heart somehow part of your soul? Not your physical biological beating organ Heart, but you HEART? I don't know. Good shit for me to think about.

     
  • At Saturday, October 02, 2004 5:22:00 PM, Blogger Phoebe said…

    Heart and soul -- you can't have one without the other. I dare you to prove otherwise :)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home