Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Monday, August 09, 2004

The reprieve is over, put your tinfoil hats on and proceed to your closet.

I'm suing God. Fart, I don't believe in her. OK, I'll sue his self-proclaimed representative and mouthpiece, that's where the real money is anyway. I'm coming after you GBH. Damned lightening took out my post. Arrghhhh. Roar!
I'll see what I can re-assemble.
My siblings and I are very very in tune with each other. We have always needed to rely on each other emotionally.
Two of my sisters went to India, Chenai a while ago. They volunteered in an orphanage for two months. The orphanage was set up in honor of my younger sisters best friends family (didja get that?). The experiences that they brought back..... Life changing and not just for them. One sister even brought a girl back with her.
"The Dalit is not only untouchable, but also unseeable, unapprochable, unshadowable and even unthinkable." Gerri Haynes.
One of their stories that has affected me is the "Untouchables"
Just the word itself. Ten times more powerful and worse than the word "Outsiders"
I can sit here and bawl at the news all day long. It doesn't mean jack diddly, in fact, I'm just wasting water and it's even worse, because I HAVE the compassion, and I'm doing nothing with it..........make any sense? I'm starting to think that my compassion without legitimate action, is really acceptance, dissedence?
Here is the forming morsel of a dream I have.
My oldest sister is an RN with many of the same desires as myself, she also inspires me daily. My other older sister is a teacher who speaks Spanish. My younger sister is currently in Guatemala pursuing her Masters degree in "crop and soil science" with the ultimate goal of teaching self sustainability on 1 acre, in third world countries. She also speaks Spanish, Portuguese and German. Keep your pants on, I'm getting to the dream. I also have a very good friend (hi!) who is a photographer, he has an amazing eye and his photography is almost spiritual to me, (I'll ask him if I can post a link). Here comes the dream.....Even though I was told five minutes ago that it is un-realistic, selfish and that I just want to fix other peoples problems and not my own. Oh shut up already with that reality and logic crap and get OUT OF MY DREAM!! ;o)
Ahem, Oh yes, the dream.
The five of us, head off with whatever organization and plight is the most needy at the time. I'm thinking "doctors without borders, ship of hope, smiles, or a local group, Physicians for social responsibility." Anyway we all journal, we do a smidgen of good, he photographs. We make it into a book. We call attention to the chosen plight, we make enough profit to donate and to repeat the process.
I have no desire to be Mother Teresa or the likes, but if my tax dollars, If I'm funding wars and sanctions that kill 5000 children in one country alone DAILY, then maybe I have to give a little back? Maybe my taking care of the old farts and crack heads just ain't cutting it? What if I only affect on family one child in some small way? That's something. I guess if I'm going to wear my bleeding heart on my sleeve I at least have to make it work for someone else, because it's not working out so good for me.
Did I mention that I'm quitting my job soon? I'm going on call for ER for weekends only, and I'm going back to school. Nervous rash and all. I'm doing it. Lardy oh Lardy I'm doing it.
Kaselelie
Holy fuck, Amen.

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, August 10, 2004 7:23:00 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    Praise Something!!!! She's back! And with a homerun, folks! Those are some awesome thoughts and I LOVE your dream! How about the Cherry group helping out, too? Can we ride on the coat tails of your dream? You will need a webmaster, a receptionist (to take orders/payments by phone,answer questions, etc), a bookkeeper, an attorney, a PR spokesperson, etc, etc. You can find all that at Cherry. :)

    I agree with you that we can all feel bad and cry as we watch the news but being proactive is what fuels the problems, IMO.

    I think it's one of those things that needs hand holding for a lot of us. ONly because we are at such a loss as to where to start. We can donate $$ but to me that seems too easy somehow. And even then the awareness level is low and the convenience of making a donation is, well sometimes harder than it needs to be.

    Blah blah blah......I'm rambling. You go sister! I am proud of your dream, rash and all. Can't wait to hear more about it.

    Sounds like you've got good company with your siblings. I am so envious.

     
  • At Tuesday, August 10, 2004 2:44:00 PM, Blogger Miranda said…

    I love your dream. Every and anything is possible one step at a time.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home