Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Sunday, August 01, 2004

Pickles are the bomb!!!

Pardon, but in the words of my 10 year old, Kaiya, "Pickles are the bomb!"
The simple things....it's all about the simple things. My chosen chat/board/blogger name is some variation of "mischievous". Apparently it's very accurate and fitting. BruuHaaHaaa.
We admitted a new resident a while ago and just by appearance alone he instantly reminded me of my Grandpa. He is a retired cop and has a silver flat top and he is still quite burly. I knocked on his door. He answered, he said in a slow stroke victim way, "I hope my guard dog didn't scare you." So I looked and there by his door was a little ceramic doxen. LOL. I brought my wiener Petunia in the next day to see him. I was a little worried that I wouldn't get her back.
The other day I noticed that he had hung up by his front door, a Jack-a-Lope. So me being me, I just can't help it, while he was out, I went and raided the activity department and the Jack-O-lope wore a "warrior bonnet" an Indian feather headdress. Tonight he wears a scuba mask, and tomorrow, thanks to the dollar store, he will wear a doctors reflector and stethoscope.
The charge nurse tells me at least once a week that I'm in the wrong field, that I care too much and that I won't make it.
I dis-agree obviously. Burn out is preferable to indifference in my book.
Watch for me on the news. I'll be the chick in scrubs with an old fart under one arm and a Jack-0-lope under the other, running as fast as my nursy white Birkenstocks can carry me.

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, August 02, 2004 8:00:00 AM, Blogger Dave said…

    God, you wear insanity well. It fits like a glove. I wonder if we were separated at birth.

     
  • At Monday, August 02, 2004 8:26:00 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    LOL you always make me laugh. I love your sense of humor. I bet you brighten up those people's day. I think you ARE in the right field. These folks are living their last days and they can go out smiling thanks to you. I hope I am as lucky as them if I am ever in their situation.

    I realize,though, how emotional of a job you have. Remember to refill!!!

    Every time I do something for my grown kids they are like..."you shouldn't have. You are always buying us stuff...stop it." I just remind them it's not for free cuz one day they'll be changing my diapers. (now they really don't want me to buy them anything...heeee)

    I love your attitude. You have a zest for life - it's refreshing and I am glad you share it with us. You make MY day!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home