Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Hold to the rod.

Ms. Banana made me stop and think. Ouch, that hurts, I'm not going to do that again any time soon. Pardon the smoke.
I'm am a generally a very happy person, and I feel happy.
No one besides the people who step in my brain barf, and very close friends and family ever know that I have "issues." Even they don't get the raw deal that you poor folks get here.
I think I just post my pain and problems here because I don't do it anywhere else.
If you met me tomorrow, and hadn't read my Brain Barfings, you would never know any different. That is, if you didn't notice my rash. ;o) That's not a superficial front, that's just ME in all of my white and delightsome glory.
I'm sorry you guys don't get to see all of the peaceful happy warm fuzzy shit that goes on day to day in my life.
I'm finding that I tend to fiercely guard the happy shit and my family from being a topic in my barfings. Infection control issue possibly.
So here is the best I can do for you. Pink fuzzy warm bunny thoughts for you (warm tomatoes) or playboy bunny and Jack and coke thoughts-depending upon your tastes- headed your way.
For Ms.Banana, being heard is the very most that I could ever hope for.
Side note. The snorkel was replaced with curler rods and a hair net tonight on the Jack-O-Lope.




5 Comments:

  • At Sunday, August 22, 2004 9:05:00 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    I've been obsessed with thinking that everyone who reads my blog thinks my life is a miserable hell because I mostly write about the challenges that are so in my face day to day lately. In between the frustration and pain and misery there are some light happy moments. I, like you, am a happy go lucky person. I am upbeat and silly 99.9% of the time. You hit it on the head when you said it's on your blog you b&m because you don't do it anywhere else. My blog is priceless to me now because I can write all my frustrations, fears, etc without emotional ramification (like, "but,Jo, you are the strong one...you can't have a breakdown...we NEED you")

    Thanks for saying what I've been thinking. I love reading your blog. I love the way you can relay your thoughts and fears with such humor. Even while sharing your challenges you make me laugh. It makes it all not seem so painful. Thank you for that. :)

     
  • At Sunday, August 22, 2004 9:51:00 AM, Blogger Ann said…

    Who the hell was it that used to call me "Anna Banana"? Anyhow, it was a friend, so the nickname was much appreciated.

    Writing is meant to be intense. My blog is all happy shit, and it's...dull. That's 'cause I'm shallow. My blog is a public thing; my family has all been invited to read it, and I try to guard their privacy. Mostly because I've been so open about who I am in Real Life, that They, Too can be easily identified.

    In any case, fear not that you come across as one dimensional. Few of us are unidimensionally happy, or hurting. That your happy, cheerful persona is not ALL you are would, I hope, not be surprising to those you meet in Real Life.

     
  • At Sunday, August 22, 2004 7:17:00 PM, Blogger Ann said…

    Oh, sorry about the brain pain. Hope it's all better now.

     
  • At Sunday, August 22, 2004 8:47:00 PM, Blogger Miranda said…

    By the way, I love the colors on your blog. Was it a template? Or did you tweek them yourself?

     
  • At Monday, August 23, 2004 12:51:00 AM, Blogger none said…

    I got a Blog for the same reason. I call it living in compartments. A piece of me here, a piece of me there.

    I know most others live the same way, so I really appreciate it, when I realize a person is just being themselves.

    (Even if they display a part of them that has been supressed so long, that it resembles a mild pacific volcano when it finally comes out. Heck... especially then.)

    I don´t think your Blog is too negative or one-sided and the very least, it´s kind to the eyes...

    There should be an extra bonus for blogs not having clashing colours and creative spelling alá H1v3 a n1c3 d1y d00d. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home