Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Football makes me horny.

Because it's MY blog and I can post whatever the hell I want, that's why.
My very favorite sport on the planet is baseball, with football coming in as a distant second. Basketball sucks, fight me. All other sports aren't even worth mentioning.
The Mariners sucked ass this year. I miss Lou and his rants. I am going to turn into an Edgar stalker (EEeeeeeedgaaaaarrrrr) when he retires this year. One of the hardest things I dealt with when moving away from Seattle was giving up my season tickets, and the peanut man, and the Superman fan, and Red Dog Beer and the Safe in general. Seriously. I'm not kidding for once.
I went to the VERY last game in the KingDome, yes I did. It was a sad day to see her fall. I was also at the first rained out game in Mariners history since 1976 when the Safeco roof refused to close. I really miss Safeco Field. :o(
One of the reasons I think I love "The Brothers K" so much is all of the yummy in my tummy baseball. (insert heart, heart, heart emoticon here)
Back to football, is the nice tight pants? Is the Neanderthal-ness, testosterone over-load and just plain maleness of if all that attracts my hetro-sexual self? Or is it really because the Mariners sucked ASS this year and I'm hoping for more from the SeaHawks? Maybe Mike Holmgren can be my pseudo Lou Pinella?
Either way, they lost their 2nd pre season game.
I seriously miss Seattle and football makes me horny. ;o)
I get back there about once a month, but it's not the same.
I miss china town and Rainier Avenue. I miss the water front. I miss the crab pot. I miss Whidbey Island my "soul-spot" where I WILL retire. I miss polite drivers. I miss Woodland Park Zoo. I miss the mini-donuts at Pikes. I miss moss. I miss the art museum. I miss Asians!!! Did you know that you can miss an entire ethnic group? I do, I really do! I miss the King Jesus disciples and their soul music. I miss Anthony's on the lake, Salty's and Ivars. I miss the Freemont Flea Market. I miss the rain. I miss Rhodies. I miss Grunge and dreadlocks and smelly hippies. I miss everything being green 12 months of the year. I miss trees! I miss North Bend and all of the ecletic freaks that live there. I miss Pioneer square. I miss Pacific beach. I miss Alki Park. I even miss slugs. It's pretty bad if you even miss slugs.
I grew up in Utah. I lived there for 2/3rds of my life. But Seattle is home. It really is home to me. I'll be baaaackkk.
Miss Moss, Pish Posh.

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, August 23, 2004 7:53:00 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    I plan on retiring on Whidbey Island, too! Went on a business trip there last year and absolutely fell in love with it. Yes, I could live there with all the green and ocean and forests and QUIET. It is BEAUTIFUL. I would love to visit Seattle and not for business for once. I appreciate places that have mucho culture and diversity and love that you recognize the beauty of it all.

    Now about football...it is DEFINITELY the tight ass pants, girl. No doubt. What REAL woman really EVER watches the football or where it's at? C'mon let's not kid ourselves..we are watching the asses. Yeah baby!

    I like baseball, too - it is my favorite as well. Especially when I am playing it. I love my memories of escaping to Tiger Stadium around age 11 and up for weekend games, basking in the sun in the bleachers. Peanuts, cokes, hot dogs. sigh. Tiger Stadium is no more and it saddens me. I hear the new stadium sucks big time.

    One day I will meet up with you in Seattle or Whidbey Island. I am older so I will save you a good spot up there. :)

     
  • At Monday, August 23, 2004 7:32:00 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    So I can't leave a comment on your most recent blog about MEH. Okay I know it is probably nothing but glad you are getting it checked out. I had one once and I had my funeral and everything else planned to find out it was nothing. But still you just never know, right? Keep us posted. Fairy dust coming your way..........:)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home