Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Bamboo slivers under your fingernails.

Daily Jack-0-lope update. Blue John Lennon sunglasses, with pink, pearl adorned bows on his antlers and a red handkerchief around his severed neck. Next week, a "wanted" poster where he used to be. The charges being....."Identity theft". Oh Gawd I crack myself up. ~sigh~

What's it gonna take folks? Paper cuts and lemon juice? Needles in your eyeballs? Do I have to resort to torture and blackmail? I'm okay with that, you just have to let me know so I can schedule it in. :o)
I have processed and digested "The Brothers K" (David James Duncan, www.amazon.com , where are my royalties?) for the third time. It was three times better than last time (which was two times better than the first time). I had to borrow a copy from the library, because the last few copies I've bought are circulating throughout my family and loved ones.
I'm to the point where I'm going to buy a leather bound edition, change out of my Teva's and go door to door and say, "I want to share a book with you that has changed my life."
Dave, I read your book. Jo, Woman! I know you want to. Brian, you can't stay on page 18 forever. :o)
You won't be cool if you don't. Everyone is doing it. What, are you chicken? ;o)
OK, so I really wonder if the book is SOOOoooOOOooOOO good to me, because I relate to is so well? Maybe it won't be so amazing to the next person from a non-dysfunctional family? Nah...I think not. Read it already. Get! Git ur dun!
Amen

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, August 04, 2004 7:36:00 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    Well, now, I can't pass up a good book about dysfunction, now can I? I take too much pleasure in knowing others suffer from that other than me. :)

    I will check to see if our little itty bitty library has it. (I doubt it - thank goodness for Amazon. Thanks for the link)

    As for JackALope - LOL. (nothing like bonding with inanimate objects, IMO) :) I love the wanted sign. I did this once with a programmer....He had an ugly troll doll he kept on his desk. I took it and put a ransom note in it's place. He had to bring 2 dz donuts by a certain date. He did! It was great. Fun times. Now I work from home with no one to pick on but myself (no fun)

     
  • At Sunday, August 08, 2004 6:42:00 PM, Blogger Dave said…

    Alright, I wasn't going to do this before, but I'm having a moment of weakness...

    I promise I'll read the book. There. I said it.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home