Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Who is reading this? What is wanted?

I tend to be a people pleaser. I must confess that I seem to be writing more "to and for" the people who "may" be reading this, instead of just writing for me. Who is to say what is better? But for me, I'm going to strive to write more for myself. You have been fore warned. Break out the No-doze.

I just got back from vacation and it was so very relaxing, just what the doctor ordered. My check book may take awhile to recover but it was oh so worth it. We (we being friends and family) rented a large house in Sunriver Oregon. It had an indoor lap pool and hot tub, amongst other various "necessities". ;o) It was plain and simple pure bliss. Bike trails that never end, horse stables, swimming until you drop, rock climbing for those so "inclined" ;o)and don't forget the lava lands! Anyhoo, whatever the circumstances, I feel completely re-charged. ~sigh~
In real life, my brain is screaming "what the f&*% are you going to do with me for the rest of the weekend?!?!?" "Kill my cells with more alky hall?!!??"
Alas, such is life......
Amen

4 Comments:

  • At Friday, June 18, 2004 7:44:00 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    Girl I am JEALOUS!!!!!!! That sounds like heaven on earth. Swimming Pool, horses, trails? sigh

    And keep writing...the audience will grow. :) Trust me.

     
  • At Friday, June 18, 2004 8:34:00 AM, Blogger Miranda said…

    Keri, every so often, I post something profound (well, to me) and NO ONE comments. I finally had to insert a stat counter and now I see lots of people read, but few comment. Actually, now I'm freaked out by how many people read and how few of them I can pin point.

    I didn't get to know you very well on a certain message board, but I like your writing. Believe me, the readers will come. Just keep writing for you.

     
  • At Friday, June 18, 2004 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    Yep, like Miranda said...if you keep writing,they will come. :) It's a good way to get to know each other.

     
  • At Friday, June 18, 2004 6:32:00 PM, Blogger Dave said…

    Like I just mentioned on your last post, I've been meaning to get back here. Seriously, you are a fun person to read, so just keep doing it. I think you'll find that writing for yourself will attract more readers than if you try to please an audience anyway, because it will be more authentic.

    And Miranda, the only reason you don't get many comments is that you're so profound, you leave people speechless.

    :)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home