Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life. - Sophocles

~WARNING~ Goopy love shit ahead....Get out your hip waders before progressing. You've been warned, don't come puking to me later. ;o)

The love of a man.
I think that there is nothing quite so amazing, as the pure, given love of a man. A woman will love anything that is cute and fuzzy or has an owie. A child loves those who care for him. But the love of a man is different somehow. Does it have to be earned? Is is less freely given? I do believe it is a rare thing regardless. I personally never received that kind of un-conditional/uncompromising love before, from any man even my Father.
Maybe it is that I never quite believed in love? I thought it was another mind trick? Another fake illusion that people created?
How can one describe the feeling of being loved because of your faults and flaws, not in spite of them?
How heavy or light is the burden of un-conditional love? Heavy, for the pain that could be caused? Light, because of the freedom and the peace of never wanting for more?
It's not my anniversary, birthday, valentines day, mothers or fathers day. That is the beauty, it's just another day.

3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, June 30, 2004 7:47:00 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    You go,girl with your goopy love stuff! Good thoughts...very interesting. I have never understood the differences between the emotions of a man and a woman.

    "I personally never received that kind of un-conditional/uncompromising love before, from any man even my Father." Ditto, girl, ditto, ditto, ditto. That's all I have to say about that/ :)

     
  • At Sunday, July 04, 2004 2:34:00 PM, Blogger Brew said…

    Interestink..... Veddy, veddy, interestink.

     
  • At Thursday, August 05, 2004 5:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now, if only I could love myself without condition. Not love myself in spite of my short comings. But rather love myself exactly where I am. It would be much easier to recieve it from others if I could only do that.

    As for who loves me unconditionally...is it a statement about me? or a statement about them?

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home