Brain Barf

May contain traces of nuts.

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

My Grammy always told me to keep a "journal"

How bad is it, that on the second day that I have my own "blog", I can't think of a damned thing to write? Pretty pathetic.
I guess if nothing else, I can talk about work. I work at an assisted living facility. We have about 30 residents, and I love all of them, the crankier the better is what I say. One mis-conception with long term care facilities I think, is that the residents are all old. Not true, we have had some patients that are very young, but terminal and we serve as hospice care. These are very hard for me. I got very attatched to one lady in particular because she needed so much care. Her dressing changes alone could take up to 2 hours, and the smell, oh the smell, there is not another smell in the world like cancerous tissue. Near the end, she would ooze fluorescent green fluids too. It can be really hard to watch someone die like that, especially when they aren't ready to die at all. OK wait....Maybe I shouldn't talk about work either.
On to less pleasant things, being controlled by the "Morg" or for those of you not familiar with the term, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Mormons. Even though I never believed in the warped fairy tale, when you grow up in a certain way, it sticks with you like it or not. I'm talking about the twitch I get in my eye, when I see a bakers hat...More on that later.
That's all for today folks...I have to get to work. Amen ... lol...

4 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, June 09, 2004 8:56:00 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    Bloggers unite! It's a great way to bond and get to know each other.

    The morg, the morg, the morg I so wish I could delete, delete, delete...if only it were that easy, huh?

    I think I will forever be faced with challenges that have SOMETHING to do with the Morg.

    Thanks for posting your blog link on the Foyer. I prefer to get to know people this way. I look forward to more of your thoughts. We can bounce thoughts off of each other. :) You can check out mine at www.fairywannabe.blogspot.com

    Jo aka b_londie

     
  • At Thursday, June 10, 2004 5:35:00 AM, Blogger Randy said…

    Excuse me for putting it this way, but people who devote themselves to working in long-term care facilities are doing God's work. I know there are some who work in those places for other reasons, but the ones who stay out of love and devotion are something special.

    My oldest son is currently residing in a Catholic ICF/MR that's more like a boarding school. The nuns, trainers, and teachers there are angels on Earth.

    Welcome to the blogosphere, Keri!

     
  • At Thursday, June 10, 2004 6:17:00 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    I blew past the first part of your blog last night. I have been thinking alot about death lately. (I must be aging...lol) But I wanted you to know I enjoyed your comments.

     
  • At Sunday, June 13, 2004 1:02:00 PM, Blogger Dave said…

    Oh, this is Keri! Hi Keri!

    I like your writing so keep doing it. I always find that if I have nothing to say, I just start typing whatever's in my head and then I can't seem to stop. This was a good post for one that started out with you having nothing to say.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home